|ABOUT MEGA MAN TRIBUTE
Since his debut in 1987, Mega Man has remained a video game icon, having starred in more than 140 titles. In his 22 year history, the connection heâ€™s made with pop culture at large has extended beyond games and into cartoons, toys, clothing, comics, and more. Now, Mega Man fans everywhere can become a part of that history with an all-new art book from UDON Entertainment – get ready for MEGA MANâ„¢ TRIBUTE!
UDON is sending out a call to comic artists, video game artists, freelance illustrators, and fan artists all around the world to show us your artistic tribute to Mega Man! Give us your best artwork featuring the cast of Mega ManÂ®, Mega ManÂ® X, Mega ManÂ® Zero, Mega ManÂ® ZX, and Mega ManÂ® Legends. All styles are welcome â€“ anime, western comic style, cartoon, pixel-based, sculptures â€“ whatever you can come up with as your tribute to the blue bomber!
The best pieces submitted will be included in Mega Man Tribute, which will premiere as a special 300-page limited-edition hardcover book at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con. Â UDONâ€™s past tribute books have had a huge artist turnout, with Street Fighterâ„¢ Tribute and Darkstalkersâ„¢ Tribute each receiving thousands of entries. As one of the most beloved characters in video game history, and with hundreds of characters to work with from across the Mega Man franchise, Mega Man Tribute is poised to be UDONâ€™s most diverse and exciting art book yet!
Help make CapcomÂ® history as part of the Mega Man Tribute art book and have your artwork showcased alongside top names in the industry! Itâ€™s time to show UDON and Capcom your unique vision of Mega Man!
SUBMISSIONS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED!
Thanks to all who participated! Winners selected for the book will be announced and notified by the end of February 2011.
FULL CONTEST RULES:
We expect a large amount of entries from the global fan art community so please ensure that you follow the rules as outlined below. ART SUBMITTED THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- The competition is worldwide, so anyone in any country may submit their art.
- Artists may use any characters from the Mega Man games including Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX, and Mega Man Legends.
- Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, artists may NOT use characters from the Mega Man Battle Network, or Mega Man Star Force series.
- Art should feature characters from Mega Man video game series only. No cross-over characters from other Capcom games or other comics / manga characters. Guest characters like Ryu and Arthur from Mega Man Universe are also off-limits.
- Characters or designs unique to Mega Man-related comics, manga, or animated series may not be included. Submissions must be of game characters only. For example, the green Mega Man from the Captain N animated series is not allowed.
- Artwork may not include fan-characters. You may not, for example, create your own Zebra-themed Robot Master named â€˜Zebra Manâ€™.
- All content must be kid-friendly. No nudity and no extreme violence. Also no smoking, drugs, or alcohol use. If it is too adult for the Mega Man games, it is too adult for this book.
- Multiple entries are welcome, as are collaborative efforts — but all artwork must be original, and created by the credited artist(s).
- Artwork should be created at 8.5 x 11″, 400 dpi or higher, (CMYK or RGB), portrait shape. Initial submission of artwork should be sent as a low resolution JPEG file that is no larger than 400 kb
Submissions are due no later than
Monday, Jan 31st, 2011 at 1:00pm, EST.
Deadline extended to Friday, Feb 4th, 2011 at 1:00pm, EST!
Winners of the Mega Man Tribute contest will have their illustration included and credited in the Mega Man Tribute art book being published by UDON and will receive their own free hard cover edition copy of the book once itâ€™s released. Contest winners will be notified no later than March 1st 2011.
Due to the number of entries we anticipate receiving, ONLY winning artists will receive e-mail confirmation and correspondence. Please donâ€™t follow up with e-mails asking us if your artwork has won. Weâ€™ll contact you if your artwork has been chosen. Do NOT send full size (print resolution) illustrations unless we specifically ask you for them. If your artwork is accepted for inclusion in the book, we will send you an e-mail and set up a way to receive the high resolution final image from you.
Stylistically, we want artists to show us what they can do. We donâ€™t need you to draw or paint just like the Capcom artists in order to win (though if that is the style you choose, thatâ€™s okay too). Realistic, anime/manga, super-deformed/cute, comic book style, abstract, animated, graffiti, pixel/sprite art, you name it… weâ€™re open and excited about receiving all kinds of different original artistic interpretations.
By submitting artwork to the Mega Man Tribute art book contest, you agree to relinquish all reproduction rights to the image. There is no payment to artists for artwork used in the Mega Man Tribute book. All winning entries included in the Mega Man Tribute book become the property of CAPCOM. Submitting artwork does not guarantee that it will be used in the Mega Man Tribute book. Artwork will be judged on an individual basis by the editors of Mega Man Tribute.
Weâ€™re recommending that artists keep their Mega Man Tribute winning submission artwork under wraps until the book launches at the 2011 San Diego Comic Con.